Happy 2020! Ever-changing Social Media World has yet gone through a big year of change. With Facebook going through scrutiny and bringing in changes to the algorithm, Instagram gaining popularity ladder and LinkedIn going advertising friendly.
With the help of our friends in the digital community, please see below the social media statistics for the year ending 2019 to help you draw your strategy for 2020.
- Facebook has 2.89 billion monthly active users. 11.23 million in Australia.
- The total number of mobile active users is 2.2 billion.
- 69% of all adults in the US are using Facebook.
- Women between 18 – 24 and male between 25 -34 age groups constituted the biggest demographic group of Facebook users.
- 74% of high-income earners use Facebook.
- Facebook has 2 billion monthly active users worldwide. 15mn in Australia
- 88% of Facebook users are aged between 18 and 29.
- 84% of Facebook users are aged between 30 and 49.
- 72% of Facebook users are aged between 50 and 64.
- 62% of Facebook users are aged 65 and more.
- Millennials and Gen X are more likely to share content on Facebook.
- 84% of Facebook users earn less than $30K p.a.
- 80% of Facebook users earn between $20K and $49K p.a.
- 75% of Facebook users earn less than $50K and $70K p.a.
- 77% of Facebook users earn more than$75K p.a.
- Women make for 52% of Facebook users.
- Men make for 48% of Facebook users.
- 79% of Australians are on social media.
- The daily time spent with social media in Australia is 1h 44m.
- The most used social media platforms in Australia is YouTube & Facebook (80%)
- Most people check social media at home (96%), public transport (43%) and at work (35%)
- Almost eight in ten people (79%) now use social media, which is 10 points higher than last year.
- 75% of Facebook users spend over 20 minutes on the platform every day.
- 90 million users access their Facebook accounts with desktop – every month.
- Those using the desktop to access Facebook spend an average of 2.5 seconds with each piece of content.
- 179 million users access their Facebook accounts on smartphones – every month.
- Those using smartphones to access Facebook spend an average of 1.7 seconds with each piece of content.
- Video posts get at least 59% more engagement than other post types.
- Facebook’s maximum video length is 240 Minutes (4hrs), with a max file size of 4 GB.
- The optimal length of a Facebook video is between 3 and 5 minutes.
- Facebook live videos generate watch times 3x longer than those that are no longer live.
- Posts published between 9 pm-11 pm EST seems to perform the best.
- People are 5 times more likely to watch Facebook videos on their phone.
- On average, Facebook generates more than 8 billion daily views of video content.
- More than 100 million video hours are watched per day on Facebook.
- Videos are shared an average of 89.5 times more than other content on Facebook, making them the most shared type of content on the site.
- Native Facebook videos have 10 times more reach than YouTube links.
- 85% of Facebook users consume video content with the sound off. This explains why captioned video ads can increase views by 12%.
- The trend of using Facebook Live is rapidly growing – broadcasts from Pages have increased 50% in the past year.
- Facebook live videos are watched for 3 times longer during the actual stream than the replay.
- 32% of people regularly engage with Facebook Pages, leaving more than 5 billion comments on Facebook Pages each month.
- Facebook Pages with smaller followings tend to have higher reach and engagement rates.
- 93% of businesses are active on Facebook.
- There are more than 300,000 active Messenger bots.
- 20 billion messages are sent between people and businesses every month.
- 49% of Facebook users like a brand’s page to show their support.
- 6 billion Facebook users are connected to a small business on the platform.
- B2B decision-makers are spending 760 minutes a week on Facebook.
- 43% of B2B businesses have acquired a client through Facebook.
- 48% of B2B technology buyers use Facebook for ‘general education’.
- 48% of B2B technology buyers refer to Facebook as they make ‘final decisions’.
- 3% of users follow brands on Facebook.
- 50 million businesses have Facebook Pages in their name.
- 39% of users say they’ll follow a Facebook Page in order to receive a special offer.
- Facebook has a total of 80 million Pages for Small and Medium Businesses (SMBs).
- 78% of American consumers say they’ve discovered products on Facebook.
- 8% of social media marketers worldwide say Facebook produced the best ROI for them.
- 32% of influencers say Facebook is the best social media platform for influencer marketing.
- 9% of online consumers turn to Facebook for holiday shopping ideas.
- 7 million businesses use Facebook for advertising.
- Over 90 percent of Facebook ad revenues are coming in via mobile.
- The average engagement rate for an organic Facebook post is 3.91%.
- 72% of B2C marketers reported that Facebook was their top social advertising channel.
- Facebook video ads have the lowest CPC with an average CPC of $1.86.
- Adding a call-to-action button to your Facebook ad boosts click-through rate by 2.85x.
- 26% of people who click on ads report making a purchase.
- 26% of users who clicked on a Facebook Ad report making a purchase.
- The average click-through rate (CTR) in Facebook ads across all industries is .90%.
- The industry with the highest click-through rate (1.61%) on Facebook is the legal industry.
- The industry with the lowest click-through rate (0.47%) is the employment and job training industry.
- The average cost per click (CPC) in Facebook ads across all industries is $1.72.
- The industry with the highest cost per click ($3.77) on Facebook is the finance and insurance industry.
- The industry with the lowest cost per click ($0.45) is the apparel industry.
- The most effective length for an ad title on Facebook is four words and 15 words for link description.
- Images account for 75% to 90% of Facebook Ad performance.
- A whopping 93% of social media advertisers are using Facebook Ads.
- The average cost per ad on Facebook increased by 17% in 2018’s Q2.
- Though Facebook ad costs rose in 2018’s Q2, ad impressions increased by 21%.
Top Brands 2020
- Coca-Cola’s Facebook page has 107.4 million likes.
- McDonald’s Facebook page has 80 million likes.
- Netflix’s Facebook page has 61 million likes.
Top Brands 2019
- Red Bull’s Facebook Page has 49 million likes.
- Nike Football’s (Soccer) Facebook Page has 45 million likes.
- PlayStation’s Facebook Page has 38.5 million likes.
- Pepsi’s Facebook Page has 37.5 million likes.
- Instagram has over 1 billion monthly active users.
- 500 million people use Instagram Stories every day.
- The biggest demographic group is males between 18-24 years old.
- 71% of all users are aged between 18 and 24.
- 52% of females use Instagram and 48% of males use Instagram.
- The top three countries that use Instagram most are US with 110 million users, Brazil with 66 million users and India with 64 million users.
- Instagram has 1 billion monthly active users worldwide, 9 milion in Australia
- Instagram has 500 million daily active users.
- 59% of Instagram users are aged between 18 and 29.
- 33% of Instagram users are aged between 30 and 49.
- 23% of Instagram users are aged between 50 and 64.
- 8% of Instagram users are aged 65 and more.
- 38% of Instagram users earn less than $30K p.a.
- 32% of Instagram users earn between $20K and $49K p.a.
- 32% of Instagram users earn less than $50K and $70K p.a.
- 31% of Instagram users earn more than $75K p.a.
- Women make for 58% of Instagram users.
- Men make for 42% of Instagram users.
- More than 40 billion photos have been shared so far.
- An average user spends 17 minutes a day on the app.
- 63% of Instagram users visit the social platform daily.
- 6% of Instagram users have less than 1000 followers.
- The Like button is hit by an average of 4.2 billion times per day.
- Instagrammers spend 15 minutes on average on the platform every day.
- 21 million Instagrammers access their accounts with desktop – every month.
- 91 million Instagrammers access their accounts on smartphones – every month.
- Everyday Instagrammers upload an average of 95 million photos.
- More than 100 Instagrammers watch or share on Live every day.
Top Instagrammers 2020
- Cristiano Ronaldo with 208 million followers.
- Ariana Grande with 178 million followers.
- Dwayne Johnson with 175 million followers.
Top Instagrammers 2019
- Selena Gomez has 130 million followers on Instagram.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has 116 million followers on Instagram.
- Ariana Grande has 115 million followers on Instagram.
- There are over 4.2 billion Instagram Likes per day.
- Posts with a location receive 79% more engagement.
- Instagram videos receive 21.2% higher interactions than single photos, and 18.6% more interactions than carousels.
- Stories stickers enhance video performance 83% of the time.
- Instagram posts that include another handle gain 56% more engagement.
- Instagram posts with at least one hashtag gain 12.6% more engagement.
- Instagram posts with a location receive 79% more engagement.
- The average engagement per post on Instagram has grown by 416% compared to two years ago.
- Instagram receives 4.2 billion Instagram likes every day.
- Every Instagram post gets 1261 likes on an average.
- Video posts have the highest overall engagement rate (38% higher than image posts) on Instagram.
- Posting a video on Instagram at 9 p.m. (your time zone) will get you 34% more interactions.
- 300 million users use Instagram’s ‘Stories’ feature daily.
- Instagram users engage more on weekdays.
- Instagram posts with a ‘face’ get 38% more likes.
- 70% of Instagram posts don’t get seen by Instagrammers on their feed.
- Instagram has 58 times more engagement per follower than Facebook.
- 33% of B2B businesses, 71% of businesses and 98% of fashion brands use Instagram.
- 60% of Instagram users discover new products on the platform.
- 72% of Instagram users claim to have made a product purchase after seeing it on the app.
- Brands post an average of 2.5 stories per week.
- 130 million Instagram users tap on shopping posts every month.
- How-to tutorials are the most popular form of Instagram video content.
- IGTV has been the last choice for content type created by influencers – by a 4x difference.
- 68% of Instagrammers engage with brands regularly.
- 50% of Instagrammers follow a business.
- 60% of Instagrammers say that they learnt about a product or service on the platform.
- 75% of Instagrammers take some action after being inspired by a post – like visiting a website, searching, shopping or telling a friend.
- Among the top 100 brands in the world, 90% have an Instagram account.
- 96% of US fashion brands are on Instagram.
- Outside China, almost 50% of Instagrammers conduct product research on social media.
- Engagement with brands on Instagram is 10 times higher than Facebook, 54 times higher than Pinterest, and 84 times higher than Twitter.
- Over a third of Instagrammers have used their mobile to purchase a product online – making them 70% more likely to do so than non-Instagrammers.
- 70% of the most used hashtags by Instagrammers are ‘branded’.
- 58% of brands have created an Instagram story.
- There are set to be 32.3 million sponsored influencer posts on Instagram in 2019.
- 25 million businesses are using Instagram Business Profiles.
- More than 200 million Instagrammers visit at least one business profile daily.
- 53% of teens say Instagram is the best platform to tell them about new products.
- 30% of users say they’ve bought a product they discovered on Instagram.
- Instagram’s potential advertising reach is 849.3 million users.
- Sponsored videos get 3x more comments than sponsored photos.
- Brands pay Instagram influencers between $100 and $2,085 per post, for videos an average of between $114 and $3,138, and for Stories, they pay between $43 and $721.
- There are more than 2 million advertisers worldwide using Instagram ads.
- 25% of Instagram ads are single videos.
- Ad recall from Instagram sponsored ads is 2.8x higher on average than ad recall from other social networks.
- User-generated content has a 4.5% higher conversion rate on Instagram.
Top Brands 2020
- The most followed brand on Instagram is Nike with 96.9 million followers.
- Victoria’s Secret has 68.7 million followers on Instagram.
- Gucci has 38.5 million followers on Instagram.
Top Brands 2019
- National Geographic has 83.4 million followers on Instagram.
- Nike has 75.4 million followers on Instagram.
- Victoria’s Secret has 58 million followers on Instagram.
- Real Madrid C.F has 54.1 million followers on Instagram.
- There are over 335 million monthly active Pinterest users.
- 79% of the Pinterest users are Female and 21% are Males.
- Only 7% of total pins are from men.
- Pinterest has 200 million monthly active users worldwide. 300k in Australia.
- 36% of Pinterest users are aged between 18 and 29.
- 34% of Pinterest users are aged between 30 and 49.
- 28% of Pinterest users are aged between 50 and 64.
- 16% of Pinterest users are aged 65 and more.
- 30% of Pinterest users earn less than $30K p.a.
- 32% of Pinterest users earn between $20K and $49K p.a.
- 31% of Pinterest users earn less than $50K and $70K p.a.
- 35% of Pinterest users earn more than $75K p.a.
- Women make for 60% of Pinterest users.
- Men make for 40% of Pinterest users.
- 60% of Pinterest households have children aged 5 or under.
- 66% of women aged between 25 and 54 use Pinterest.
- Men are the largest growing segment on Pinterest and make for 40% of new signups.
- The average number of Pins made by an active female user is 158.
- One of two millennials uses Pinterest every month.
- 50% of the millennials use Pinterest heavily.
- There are over 200 billion Pinterest pins.
- There are over 4 billion Pinterest boards.
- There are over 75 billion ideas on Pinterest.
- 85% of its users access Pinterest through a mobile device.
- Average time spent on Pinterest per visit is 14.2 minutes.
- 27% of marketers are already using Pinterest.
- 55% of Pinners log onto the site specifically to find products.
- There are more than 2x more travelers on Pinterest than the top online travel agency sites.
- More than 14 million articles are pinned each day.
- Pinterest users spend 14.2 minutes per visit.
- 27 million Pinterest users access their accounts with desktop – every month.
- 70 million Pinterest users access their accounts on smartphones – every month.
- Over 50% of all Pinterest users and 75% of new signups are from outside the USA.
- Visual searches on Pinterest have more than doubled in one year.
- 87% of people bought a product on Pinterest because of Pinterest.
- 93% of people use Pinterest to plan a purchase.
- 76% of Pinners save items to purchase later.
- The average pin is repinned 11 times.
- It takes a pin 3.5 months to get 50% of its engagement.
- 40% of Pinners Have a Household Income of $100k+.
- Two-thirds of pins represent brands and products.
- 77% of People who use Pinterest have found a new brand or product on the platform.
- Pinterest drives 33% more traffic to shopping sites than Facebook.
- Almost 73% of active pinners and 89% of daily pinners have bought something new they discovered on Pinterest.
- 60% of active users are likely to search and browse on Pinterest than browse catalogues.
- 93% of active users said they use Pinterest to plan for purchases.
- More than 14 million articles are pinned every day.
- Pinterest is the second-largest driver of traffic from social sites (next only to Facebook).
- More than 2 billion searches happen on Pinterest every month.
- There are over 1 million businesses on Pinterest.
- Two-thirds of today’s pins are either from brands or are discernible products. Art, Hobbies, and Art supplies tend to generate the most interest in these products.
- Shopping: Every day nearly 2 million people pin product rich pins.
- 50% of users have made a purchase after seeing a promoted Pin.
- Promoted Pins have repinned on an average of 11 times per advertisement.
- Advertising on Pinterest earns a $2 profit for every $1 spent.
- By 2020, Pinterest ad revenue is projected to surpass $1 billion.
- Pinterest averages a $4.30 gross return for every $1 spent on ads.
- Pinterest ad revenue per user is lower than other social networks, but growing.
- 61% of Pinterest users have made a purchase after seeing branded content on Pinterest.
- 5% of active Pinterest users make a Pinterest-inspired purchase at least once a month.
- 55% of Pinterest users shop on the site, more than 4 times the rate of other digital platforms.
- Pinterest delivers $2 in profit per $1 spent on advertising.
- Promoted Pins are repinned an average of 11 times per advertisement.
- 5 in 10 active Pinterest users have made a purchase after seeing a Promoted pin.
- About half of the active users who have noticed promoted pins on Pinterest have clicked on them to get more information. More than 40% have made a purchase, suggesting promoted pins inspire future action.
Top Accounts 2020
- Oh Joy! is the most popular person on Pinterest with more than 12.5 million followers.
- Interior designer Maryann Rizzo is the second most popular Pinterest influencer with more than 9 million followers
- Bekka Palmer photographer has around 9 million followers.
Top Brands 2019
- Harper’s Bazaar’s Pinterest account has 4.64 million followers.
- Better Homes & Gardens’ Pinterest account has 1.78 million followers.
- Ski’s Pinterest account has 1.56 million followers.
- Twitter has 317 million monthly active users worldwide. 4.6 mn in Australia.
- 36% of Twitter users are aged between 18 and 29.
- 23% of Twitter users are aged between 30 and 49.
- 21% of Twitter users are aged between 50 and 64.
- 10% of Twitter users are aged 65 and more.
- 23% of Twitter users earn less than $30K p.a.
- 18% of Twitter users earn between $20K and $49K p.a.
- 28% of Twitter users earn less than $50K and $70K p.a.
- 30% of Twitter users earn more than $75K p.a.
- Women make for 47% of Twitter users.
- Men make for 53% of Twitter users.
- Twitter users spend 2.7 minutes on the platform every day.
- 82 million Twitter users access their accounts with desktop – every month.
- 31 million Twitter users access their accounts on smartphones – every month.
- 75% of users check the site daily to get their news.
Most followed accounts 2019
- Katy Perry’s Twitter account has 106 million followers.
- Justin Bieber’s Twitter account has 103 million followers.
- Barack Obama’s Twitter account has 97 million followers.
- 92% of companies. more than once a day, 42 %. 1-5 times a day, and 19 %. 6-10 times a day.
- Tweets with images receive 18% more click-throughs, 89% more likes, and 150% more retweets.
- Tweets that contain an image link are 5 times as more effective in terms of engagement.
- Twitter is responsible for 7% of all social traffic referrals to third-party news and entertainment sites in the US.
- Tweets with videos are 6X more likely to be retweeted than Tweets with photos.
- Tweets with videos are 3X more likely to be retweeted than Tweets with GIFs.
- 53% of users say they bought a product they first saw on Twitter.
- 81% of users say that Twitter impacts their purchasing decisions more than TV.
- 70% of small business followers retweet content.
- 72% of brand followers are likely to buy in the future.
- 58% of top brands have over 100,000 followers on Twitter.
- The average Twitter user follows five businesses.
- 80% of Twitter users have mentioned a brand in a Tweet
- The last two years have seen a 2.5x increase in customer service conversations on Twitter.
- 60% of consumers expect brands to respond to their query within the hour, but the average is 1 hour 24 minutes.
- Companies using Twitter for customer service see a 19% lift in customer satisfaction.
- Nearly 34% of marketers have been able to generate successful leads thanks to Twitter.
- Twitter is the second most used social network by B2B marketers, with a rate of 85%.
- 93% of people who follow a business on Twitter plan to purchase something from the SMBs they follow.
- 85% of people who follow businesses say it’s important for any business to provide customer service on Twitter.
- Advertising cost-per-engagement (year over year) for Twitter has decreased by 14%.
- Ad engagement on Twitter is increasing: the total ad engagements on Twitter went up 91% over the previous year.
- Engagement rates for Twitter ads can be as high as 1-3%.
- Average CPM (cost per impression) is significantly higher on Twitter – up to $3.50.
- Revenue per visitor (RPV) for Twitter stands at $0.44.
- Twitter claims that Promoted Trends provide a 22% lift in brand conversion, 30% lift in positive mentions and 32% lift in retweets.
- Advertising on Twitter is 6 times more expensive than on Facebook. However, Twitter ads have a CTR 8 to 24 times higher than Facebook.
- Promoted tweets can boost offline sales by up to 29 %.
- 68% of people have followed an SMB after seeing their Promoted Account.
- 41% of people purchased products after being exposed to an ad in the last 30 days.
- 67% users said Twitter promoted videos were not intrusive.
Top Brands 2019
- PlayStation’s Twitter Profile has 16 million followers.
- Starbucks Coffee’s Twitter Profile has 11.4 million followers.
- SpaceX’s Twitter Profile has 7.72 million followers.
- Nat Geo Travel’s Twitter Profile has 6.67 million followers.
- Netflix’s Twitter Profile has 5.5 million followers.
- The population of LinkedIn stands over 675 million worldwide.
- There are 303 million monthly active users on LinkedIn.
- There are 57% of male users and 43% female users on LinkedIn.
- There are 87 million millennials on LinkedIn with 11 million in decision-making positions.
- More than 30 million companies are listed on LinkedIn.
- More than 20 million open jobs on LinkedIn Jobs.
- 35K skills are listed on LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn has 106 million monthly active users (450+ registered users). 4.5 mn in Australia.
- 36% of LinkedIn users are aged between 18 and 29.
- 34% of LinkedIn users are aged between 30 and 49.
- 28% of LinkedIn users are aged between 50 and 64.
- 16% of LinkedIn users are aged 65 and more.
- 21% of LinkedIn users earn less than $30K p.a.
- 13% of LinkedIn users earn between $20K and $49K p.a.
- 32% of LinkedIn users earn less than $50K and $70K p.a.
- 45% of LinkedIn users earn more than $75K p.a.
- Women make for 46% of LinkedIn users.
- Men make for 54% of LinkedIn users.
- 91 per cent of executives rate LinkedIn as their first choice for professionally relevant content.
- 2 million posts, articles, and videos are published on LinkedIn every day.
- Only 1 million users have published an article on LinkedIn.
- Only 1% of users post content weekly, though 91% of marketing executives use LinkedIn as a content source
- About 45% of LinkedIn article readers are in upper-level positions (managers, VPs, Directors, C-level).
- On average, most users spend 17 minutes monthly on LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn users spend 17 minutes on the platform every day.
- 60 million LinkedIn users access their accounts with desktop – every month.
- 20 million LinkedIn users access their accounts on smartphones – every month.
Most followed accounts 2020
- Ted Conferences has 14.9 million followers.
- Amazon has 11.08 million followers.
- Microsoft has 9.3 million followers.
Most followed accounts 2019
- Richard Branson’s LinkedIn account is followed by 13 million people.
- Bill Gates’ LinkedIn account is followed by 11 million people.
- Arianna Huffington’s LinkedIn account is followed by 6.5 million people.
- LinkedIn Pages with complete information get 30% more views compared to others.
- According to LinkedIn, companies that post 20 times per month reach at least 60% of their unique audience.
- Including the links can drive twice the engagement than a post without the link.
- Images on average results in a 98% higher comment rate than without.
- Links to YouTube video plays directly in the LinkedIn feed and typically gives a 75% higher share rate.
- Long-form content gets the most shares on LinkedIn, so aiming for between 1700 & 2100 words should give your content a boost.
- Listing 5 or more skills on your LinkedIn profile can lead to up to 17x more views.
- LinkedIn Posts that include a link receive 200% more engagement.
- LinkedIn Posts that end with a question receive 50% more engagement.
- Content on the LinkedIn feed receives about 9 billion impressions per week.
- Only 3 million LinkedIn users share content on a weekly basis.
- LinkedIn drives more than 50% of social traffic to B2B sites and is considered the most credible source of content.
- Including photos in LinkedIn, posts increase the comment rate by 98%.
- If the content was found in both video and text format, 59% of executives on LinkedIn said they would choose to consume it via video.
- During the limited or beta release of LinkedIn Video, it was found that videos were shared 20 times more than any other type of content.
- LinkedIn is the second-most popular platform among B2B marketers, just behind Facebook.
- 45% of marketers have gained customers through LinkedIn.
- InMail has a 300 percent higher response rate than email.
- LinkedIn is generating revenue for 38% of B2B marketers.
- 80% of B2B leads coming from social media are from LinkedIn.
- 97% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn to help drive their content marketing strategy.
- 7 out of 10 professionals describe LinkedIn as a trustworthy source of professional content.
- 50% of B2B buyers use LinkedIn when making purchasing decisions.
- Marketers that flesh out their LinkedIn Products and Services page has 2 times as many company followers.
- 79% of marketers see LinkedIn as a very good source of leads.
- B2B marketers report that 80% of their social media leads come from LinkedIn.
- Over 600 million LinkedIn users can be reached through advertisements on the professional network.
- 65% of B2B companies have generated a customer through LinkedIn paid ads.
- HubSpot found that traffic from LinkedIn generated the highest visitor-to-lead conversion rate at 2.74%, almost 277% higher than Facebook and Twitter.
- 58% of B2B advertisers like the ROI on LinkedIn ads.
- A study from Hubspot shows that LinkedIn is 277% more effective for lead generation than other social media networks.
- Of all leads generated from social media, 80% of B2B leads come from LinkedIn.
- 79% of B2B marketers agree that LinkedIn is an effective marketing channel.
- 46% percent of social media traffic coming to B2B company sites is from LinkedIn.
- 43% of marketers surveyed have gotten customers from LinkedIn.
- 92% of B2B marketers specifically prefer LinkedIn over all other social platforms.
- 79% of B2B marketers view Linkedin as an effective source of B2B leads.
TikTok is popular for its quirky and hilarious content, its buzz-generating power is tenfolds. Businesses are leveraging this opportunity to create a make creative content for the platform.
– TikTok has 500 million active users worldwide.
– 41% of TikTok users are aged between 16 and 24.
– 55.6 % of users are male and 44.4 % of users are female.
– TikTok is available in 155 countries and 75 languages.
– Users spend 61+ minutes per day on the app.
– There are over 100 billion average monthly video views.
– Over 34% of users shoot daily.
– 90% of all TikTok users access the app on a daily basis.
– 68% of TikTok users watch someone else’s video.
– 55% of TikTok users upload their own videos.
– TikTok’s engagement rate leaves much to be desired at a lowly 29%.
– 63% of engaged TikTok users claim to have liked a video in the last month.
– 54% of engaged TikTok users claim to have commented on somebody else’s video in the last month.
– Bytedance, TikTok’s parent company is valued at $75 million, making it the world’s most valuable startup.
– 42% of all TikTok revenue now comes from the USA.
– Influencers could expect a flat $500 payout for signing on to the platform plus $25 for each video they upload.
– Brands are currently buying TikTok’s in-feed ads for $10 per impression with a $6,000 minimum campaign spend.
Top Company 2020
– The most followed individual on TikTok is a comedic poster and influencer named Loren Gray having 34.8 million followers.
– Former Vine star Zach King has found a new following on TikTok with 26 million followers.
– Flighthouse is the third and final brand account to crack the top 10 most followed TikTok accounts with 20.6 million followers.
Further channels like YouTube (15 mn Australian users), Snapchat (6.4 mn Australian users), Tumblr, Tinder and list goes on that’s busy with a number of users and engagement yet not primary direct advertising channel. Most advertising is done through programmatic.
Choosing the right channel can be quiet daunting and numerous option can be overwhelming. Check out our blog ‘Choosing the right Digital Channel’ and get in touch for no obligation free website SEO & technical audit + online health check.